excel encounters an error when editing comments

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    AnnieJ
    Guest

    excel encounters an error when editing comments

    I've tried repairing, uninstalling & reinstalling excel but I can no longer
    edit comments in one of my Excel spreadsheets. Each time I hover over a cell
    with a comment, Excel crashes. On rare occasions, rebooting fixes the problem
    but not for long. I also have the same problem with another Excel file in
    which I created a graph.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: excel encounters an error when editing comments

    Hi, Annie. Try these:
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: excel encounters an error when editing comments

    IF it is only one or two files then they may be corrupt or have VBA code added

    toss them, if necessary cut and paste values to a new workbook

    If you have lotse of formulas or other work post back as to how to delete
    the VBA