EXCEL AND VB6.0

  1. #1
    Robin Patra
    Guest

    EXCEL AND VB6.0

    Hi All,

    MY Application is a web application.Client from the user system can upload a
    EXCEL file for processing at WEBSERVER.

    The Requirement is when the processing of excel is going any bad records
    according to busines rule if found need to be written into a new EXCEL file.

    The VB componet used for it refer a EXCEL object but at server according to
    client wouldnt be any "MS OFFICE" Installed thu my program to generate the
    EXCEL obejct refernce is not working.

    Is there any way by which without installing MS OFFICE at webserver i can
    create a EXCEL file.

    THis is urgent please help.

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards
    Robin

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: EXCEL AND VB6.0

    I'd suggest that you create a text file since Excel can read these. There
    may be third party controls/components that can generate true XLS files but
    I don't know of any specific names. The text file route might be simpler.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...