transparent

  1. #1
    John Davies
    Guest

    transparent

    I have a combo box that I have set the back style properties to be
    transparent so that if I dont click on the combo box the cells underneath
    should show through but they don't as the combo box shows as white and not
    tgransparent.

    Any clues please?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: transparent

    I find that when I first place a combo box on a worksheet and change its
    BackStyle to transparent it does become transparent. But after selecting an
    item in the combo box it forgets it is transparent. This code, placed in
    the sheet's module (right-click the worksheet tab and pick View Code), seems
    to help it remember, at least most of the time:

    Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()
    ActiveWindow.RangeSelection.Select
    ComboBox1.BackStyle = fmBackStyleOpaque
    ComboBox1.BackStyle = fmBackStyleTransparent
    End Sub

    This assumes the combo box's name is ComboBox1. Change the sub's name
    appropriately is that's not the case.
    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...