Updating Multiple Pivot Ranges

  1. #1
    SJJoshua
    Guest

    Updating Multiple Pivot Ranges

    Please help:

    I have about 330 pivots (yeah, it's a lot) on six different tabs whose
    source data (range) is located in two different files.

    My Excel crashed and after I accepted the auto-save updates, the range
    addresses changed from being located in the same folder (where my
    pivots are located, [Filename.xls]Sheet1!$A$1:$ZZ$62000) to being the
    entire address (C:\Documents and Settings\user\applications\etc...).

    I tried in Edit->Links to 'relink' the correct files; however, when I
    re-open the file, it continues to reference the entire address.

    How can I effeciently change all of the range addresses?

    Thanks,

    Joshua

  2. #2

    Re: Updating Multiple Pivot Ranges

    I would have guessed that Edit|Links would have worked. You're sure you saved
    after you did that change?

    Maybe you can cheat.

    Move that file that is pointed to to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\applications\etc.....

    Then open your file--the links will point to the now correct location.

    Now open that file in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\user\applications\etc....

    And save it where you want it to really be.
    then close that workbook.

    Did it work?

  3. #3
    SJJoshua
    Guest

    Re: Updating Multiple Pivot Ranges

    Thanks, Dave,

    I tried cheating, whereby I did exactly what you suggested. For my data
    that wasn't contained in a pivot, updating the Edit|Links worked fine.
    However, the range addresses for the Pivots remained constant.

    Is there any way to look at the code of the Pivots to do a 'Find
    All/Replace' type thing? I certainly hope that what I'm trying to do is
    possible...

    Thanks!

  4. #4

    Re: Updating Multiple Pivot Ranges

    Not that I know.

    Maybe just changing the source through the wizard would be easiest.