change XL2003 autofilter's arrow color

  1. #1
    BK
    Guest

    change XL2003 autofilter's arrow color

    how can i change the XL2003 autofilter's arrow color from blue (when active)
    to red or another color? the current dark blue is hard to distinguish from
    the black (inactive) color making it difficult to visually distinguish when a
    filter is active.

    thanks. BK

  2. #2

    Re: change XL2003 autofilter's arrow color

    You can't change that color.

    Remember that the row numbers change color, too--so you could check there to see
    if any column has a filter applied.

  3. #3
    Bob K
    Guest

    Re: change XL2003 autofilter's arrow color

    Yes, but if you want to remove the filter without canceling auto filter
    entirely, it is difficult to see which column contains the filter. Looking
    at the blue rows doesn't help. I would like to have the ability to change
    that color.

  4. #4

    Re: change XL2003 autofilter's arrow color

    When I want to see all the rows in my filtered range, I don't show (All) under
    each field.

    I use data|filter|show all.

    In fact, I've put a "show all" button on my toolbar. Then I just click that.

    Tools|Customize|commands tab|data category
    drag "show all" to your favorite toolbar.

    (I've dragged the autofilter button right next to it, too.)

    You can request enhancements via email:
    [email protected]