Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

  1. #1

    Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

    When I highlight a few cells, the sum of the numbers should show up in the bottom right corner of my screen. However, this is not appearing. How do I turn this feature on?

  2. #2
    Forum Expert Cutter's Avatar
    Ontario,Canada
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    6,451
    What you are referring to is called the Staus Bar.

    If it isn't showing then go to Tools > Options > View and put a check beside Status Bar

    If it is showing but isn't summing then right click on it and then click on Sum.

  3. #3

    Re: Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

    Make sure the status bar is turned on:
    tools|options|View tab|in the Show Section.

    Make sure that the statusbar is visible.
    window|arrange|tiled
    (and resize by hand)

    rightclick on one of those "embossed" squares on the statusbar and choose Sum.
    (make sure that there are a few entries in your selection--and at least one
    should be numeric)

  4. #4
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

    Right click on that row at the bottom of your screen that the sum usually
    shows up in... and select "Sum"

    Dave

  5. #5
    ny
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

    I use excel 2007.
    if I copy and paste numbers from other program, even I make sure they are number, it doesn't show the sum in the status bar
    only I enter the number manually, then it shows
    anyone know the fix?
    tia

  6. #6
    Forum Moderator jeffreybrown's Avatar
    Cibolo, TX
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365
    Posts
    10,318

    Re: Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

    Hello alan212 & Welcome to the Forum, unfortunately:

    Your post does not comply with Rule 2 of our Forum RULES. Don't post a question in the thread of another member -- start your own thread. If you feel it's particularly relevant, provide a link to the other thread. It makes sense to have a new thread for your question because a thread with numerous replies can be off putting & difficult to pick out relevant replies.
    HTH
    Regards, Jeff

  7. #7
    ny
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

    even we are discussing on the same problem -Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner ?

  8. #8
    Forum Moderator jeffreybrown's Avatar
    Cibolo, TX
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365
    Posts
    10,318

    Re: Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

    Quote Originally Posted by alan212 View Post
    even we are discussing on the same problem -Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner ?
    Are we discussing or are you asking a question?

    2. Don't post a question in the thread of another member -- start your own. If you feel it's particularly relevant, provide a link to the other thread.

  9. #9
    ny
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

    tell when it works: only I enter the number manually, then it shows.
    and when it doesn't: if I copy and paste numbers from other program, even I make sure they are number, it doesn't show the sum in the status bar

  10. #10
    ny
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

    if that's still not acceptable. sorry for the trouble. I came from different forums...

  11. #11
    Forum Moderator jeffreybrown's Avatar
    Cibolo, TX
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365
    Posts
    10,318

    Re: Missing Sum at Bottom Right Corner

    I would respectfully ask you create a new thread.