Data Validation formula problem

  1. #1
    rrucksdashel
    Guest

    Data Validation formula problem

    I am trying to create a data validation formula. I want it to protect from
    user input that doesnt meet the following:
    If F50 = Close or if F50 = Last
    And If F31<>
    Then F61 needs to be > F31.
    If F50 = Open I dont care what the input is.
    If F31 is blank () then there can be no input in F61 since we cannot
    verify
    against a value in F31.

    (Note F50 is a drop down box that gives the user choices of Open, Close
    or Last only.)

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Data Validation formula problem

    One way:

    Allow: Custom
    Formula: =AND(F31<>"",OR(F50="Open",F61>F31))