Moving info from multiple sheets (ove 130) into a single sheet

  1. #1

    Moving info from multiple sheets (ove 130) into a single sheet

    I am attempting to analyze financial data that is only available in a
    poorly organized text file. Currently we have developed a macro that
    imports the file to excel, then breaks out the information by
    individual componants on separate sheets. I have two actions to perform
    to make this a readable report: 1) The reference data on each sheet is
    in cells A1:B3 (Col A has the lable, Col B has the data). I'd like to
    populate this next to every line item on the sheet. 2)I'd like to
    consolidate all this info onto a summary sheet for reporting purposes
    (or to make a pivot table, etc).

    These are daily reports so any tips would be helpful... I can forward
    our current macro, as well as examples of output and what I would LIKE
    it to look like. The code is several pages long so I'll avoid posting
    it here.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Moving info from multiple sheets (ove 130) into a single sheet

    Hi

    See my tips page for example code
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

    Post back if you need more help

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3

    Re: Moving info from multiple sheets (ove 130) into a single sheet

    Maybe this might work:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()

    Dim newWks As Worksheet
    Dim curWkbk As Workbook
    Dim wks As Worksheet
    Dim DestCell As Range

    Set curWkbk = ActiveWorkbook
    Set newWks = Workbooks.Add(1).Worksheets(1)

    Set DestCell = newWks.Range("a1")

    For Each wks In curWkbk.Worksheets
    wks.Range("a1:B3").Copy _
    Destination:=DestCell
    With newWks
    Set DestCell = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0)
    End With
    Next wks

    End Sub

    Have you thought of just importing the text file once more into one giant
    worksheet?

  4. #4
    Suzie M
    Guest

    Re: Moving info from multiple sheets (ove 130) into a single sheet

    Thanks, that helped me out!