Marking rows

  1. #1
    Ragnar Midtskogen
    Guest

    Marking rows

    Hello,

    We have an Excel spreadsheet which will be used to present data to operators
    who will manually copy and paste data into data entry forms. (The processing
    is just too complicated to be easily automated)

    Each sheet will have a column used byt the operators to mark rows as
    processed. I could just have the operators type a letter. Is there a simpler
    way to accomplish this?
    In a VB form I would use a checkbox.

    Any help will be appreciated.

    Ragnar

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Marking rows

    Ragnar,

    It is not any simpler, but it may look better...
    Change the column character set to Marlett and have
    the operators enter "n" (also try... a, b, h, i ).

    Regards,
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "Ragnar Midtskogen" <[email protected]>
    wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]
    Hello,
    We have an Excel spreadsheet which will be used to present data to operators
    who will manually copy and paste data into data entry forms. (The processing
    is just too complicated to be easily automated)
    Each sheet will have a column used by the operators to mark rows as

  3. #3
    Ragnar Midtskogen
    Guest

    Re: Marking rows

    Thanks Jim,

    That's neat!
    I will just tell them to enter an a, a b or an r.
    When I scan I can just look for a character or a blank.

    Ragnar

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    widman
    Guest

    Re: Marking rows

    you can also used conditional formatting so blank cells are yellow or some
    other color. once there is something in the cell it turns white again. I
    use this a lot so people don't forget cells that need data.

  5. #5
    Ragnar Midtskogen
    Guest

    Re: Marking rows

    Thank you Widman,

    That is a good idea, maybe I could even make the cell flash in red until
    filled in?

    Ragnar

    news:[email protected]...