Drawing Tools Disabled

  1. #1
    LavaDude
    Guest

    Drawing Tools Disabled

    Hi All...

    I have an excel file in which the drawing tools are greyed out (i.e.
    buttons for Line, Arrow, Rectangle, Oval, Text Box etc.)...

    At first I thought is was the program, but then I realized that if I
    created a new file, the drawing tools would come back...

    How do I enable the drawing tools? ... I don't recall disabling them in the
    first place...

    TIA! ...

    LavaDude...

  2. #2

    Re: Drawing Tools Disabled

    Is the worksheet protected?
    Tools|Protection|unprotect worksheet
    (You may need a password)

    Do you have multiple sheets grouped?
    (Look for [group] in the title bar. Just rightclick on one of the grouped
    worksheets and choose "ungroup sheets")

    Is the workbook shared?
    Tools|share workbook|has an option to turn sharing off.

  3. #3
    LavaDude
    Guest

    Re: Drawing Tools Disabled

    Hi Dave,

    Thanks for the suggestions, I forgot to mention that I checked if the
    workbook was protected and it isn't.

    Also, I only have only one sheet selected... As for sharing, I don't
    believe it's shared... I went into Tools\Share Workbook and the box was
    not checked...

    Any other ideas? ... I really want to draw a line in this sheet...

    Thanks! ... LavaDude

    Dave Peterson <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

  4. #4

    Re: Drawing Tools Disabled

    But what about the workSHEET (not workbook)?

  5. #5
    LavaDude
    Guest

    Re: Drawing Tools Disabled

    I found it!

    I went to Tools|Options...

    Under the "View" tab there's a section called "Objects"

    I checked the box that says, "Show All" ... for some reason the "Hide All"
    box was checked and that's what was preventing me from using the drawing
    tools...

    Hope you can use this info to help someone else in the future! ...

    Aloha! ...

  6. #6

    Re: Drawing Tools Disabled

    Thanks for posting back.