Upcoming expiry date warnings that turn cell contents red

  1. #1
    Heather via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Upcoming expiry date warnings that turn cell contents red

    Hi
    I have a spreadsheet with people's certificates (eg. CPR) with the date the
    cerficiate expires. I want to be able to open the spreadsheet at any time
    and have anyone whose certificate is one month from expiring, be red (I want
    the whole cell to turn red.) I've tried conditional formatting but can't
    seem to get it. Any help would be greately appreciated!!

    Thanks

    Heather

    --
    Heather

  2. #2
    Forum Expert dominicb's Avatar
    Lancashire, England
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2000, 2003, 2007 & 2016 365
    Posts
    4,867

    Smile

    Good evening Heather

    What I think you need to do is set up a cell somewhere with todays date (=NOW() will always update to todays date when you open the spreadsheet). In my example, cell E4 contains todays date, D4 the expiry date. Go to Format > Conditional Formatting and select Formula Is and enter this formula :
    =(E4-D4)<30
    and then set up the cell / font colour etc and click OK.

    HTH

    DominicB

  3. #3
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: Upcoming expiry date warnings that turn cell contents red

    Heather

    assuming a header row and that the dates are in column A, then something
    like:

    Conditional Formatting Formula is: =TODAY()>$A2+30

    Copied to all the cells you want to turn red

    Regards

    Trevor

  4. #4
    Heather via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Upcoming expiry date warnings that turn cell contents red

    Thanks for the response.
    Seems to be working! Thank you so much!! Now I can stop pulling my hair out:
    )

    Heather

    --
    Heather