Conditional Formatting Problem

  1. #1
    TxAg
    Guest

    Conditional Formatting Problem

    Below is an example spreadsheet that Im dealing with. I have a column with
    Standards (more on that later), but I have my results in three possible
    formats

    Standard Result 1 Result 2 Result 3
    0.01 0.123 0.123J <0.123
    1.0 0.123 0.123J <0.123

    First, I want to create a conditional format that will BOLD only the cells
    that have just numbers in them (i.e. 0.123), and leave the other two types
    alone.

    Second, I will be comparing the cells with only numbers in them (i.e. Result
    1) to the Standard and highlighting only those values that are greater to or
    equal to the Standard. In the example above, the upper Result 1 value would
    not be highlighted while the lower Result 1 value would be.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting Problem

    TxAg,

    For the first requirement, select the three Result columns. Format -
    Conditional formatting - Formula is:

    =ISNUMBER(B2)

    This presumes the active (white) cell of your selection is B2. Change as
    necessary. Usually row 1 has headings.

    For the second requirement, you don't say what you mean by "highlight," or
    how that relates to the first requirement. If you want cells that contain
    only a number (as with the first requirement), and also are greater than the
    corresponding cell in column A, the conditional formatting formula is:

    =AND(ISNUMBER(B2), B2>=$A2)

    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    TxAg
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting Problem

    Earl,
    Thanks for the help. It worked just fine.