Copy paste Conditional Formatting

  1. #1
    Bud Hughes
    Guest

    Copy paste Conditional Formatting

    I posted this the other day but after reading I was not very clear. I have
    data that is conditionally formatted. Now I need to eliminate the columns
    from that spread sheet that created the conditional formats to appear. I
    tried to copy paste special the values before deleting those columns but that
    dropped the color from the filled in blocks. Is there a way to copy the
    filled in blocks and that color to another spread sheet?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Copy paste Conditional Formatting

    If I understand you correctly, no there isn't. As CF is dependent upon some
    value somewhere, if the same conditions do not apply where you paste the
    cells to, the CF will still be applied but will not show.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Copy paste Conditional Formatting

    You have another reply at your other thread.

  4. #4
    Judy
    Guest

    RE: Copy paste Conditional Formatting

    The easiest method that I can think of would be to not 'eliminate' the
    columns you no longer need but to simply 'hide' them. This way all the
    conditional formatting in the rest of the spreadsheet that resulted from the
    data in these 2 columns will not disappear.

    Judy