Open Worbook and Disable Macros

  1. #1
    DMc2005
    Guest

    Open Worbook and Disable Macros

    I know how to open a workbook using VBA, but how do i open a workbook and
    disable its macros.

  2. #2
    R. Choate
    Guest

    Re: Open Worbook and Disable Macros

    First, just open Excel by itself and disable macros (Tools>Macros>Security, etc.). Then open the workbook with the macros you don't
    want to run.

    RMC,CPA

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Open Worbook and Disable Macros

    Start Excel in Safe Mode:

    Gary''s Student

  4. #4
    DMc2005
    Guest

    Re: Open Worbook and Disable Macros

    I am running a macro from a file that opens several other files and enters
    data into these files. however these files have macros in them.

    so essentially i need to keep macros in my main workbook. but disable the
    macros in the other workbooks. i cannot rely on users clicking disable
    macros.

    news:%230J%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Open Worbook and Disable Macros

    If you want to suppress a Workbook.Open Event

    Application.EnableEvents = False
    workbooks.Open "C:\MyFolder\Mybook.xls"
    Application.EnableEvents = True

    This doesn't disable events in the workbook, but it does stop the open event
    from running. Leave events disabled if you want to suppress other events.

    Tom Ogilvy