i try to open Excel spreadsheets, and they open in wordpad--

  1. #1
    mikekeat
    Guest

    i try to open Excel spreadsheets, and they open in wordpad--

    i try to open Excel spreadsheets, and they open in wordpad--how do i get them
    to open in Excel other than right-clicking on Open as Excel? I may have
    changed a setting when i was trying to open a file that didn't have an xls
    extension, and tried to open it in workpad.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Central UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365
    Go to any excel file and right click. Select "Properties" and in the "Opens with" box change it to "Excel".

    All excel files will then open using Excel.

    Hope it helps

    Tony

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: i try to open Excel spreadsheets, and they open in wordpad--

    Try re-registering Excel. With Excel closed, from Start->Run enter:

    Excel.exe /regserver

    There is a space before the slash.

    --
    Jim