custom number- minutes:seconds.hundredths how to hide a leading z

  1. #1
    pretzel
    Guest

    custom number- minutes:seconds.hundredths how to hide a leading z

    Hi,
    I'm running up a simple sheet to enter/display times for a sporting event.

    As such, I have set a custom format of m:ss.00 and can enter a time of 1
    (minute) 10 (seconds) 24 (hundredths) to show as 1:10.24 (this parts OK).

    But if the time is less than a minute, say 55.24 (seconds) I get 0:55.24
    which although functional, looks messy. It also requires the person to enter
    the leading "0:".

    Is there a way to a)stop the leading "0:" from showing, and b)not require
    entering the "0:" for times less than a minute?
    ---
    pbw

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: custom number- minutes:seconds.hundredths how to hide a leading z

    For your custom format:

    [<0.000694444444444444]ss.00;m:ss.00

    For entries without colons, you'll need an event macro. See

    http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

  3. #3
    pretzel
    Guest

    Re: custom number- minutes:seconds.hundredths how to hide a leadi

    Hi,

    Thaks for that.

    I suppose that the custom format is saying "if the value is less than 1
    minute (which is one day/24/60) then use the format ss.00 otherwise use
    m:ss00"

    I should have been able to figure that one out :-(((

    I'm still reviewing the page you noted (have to do a bit of thinking here).
    I supposed its about time I leant some VBA. Looks like the entire site is
    full of Excel goodies.

    thanks
    --
    -----