Sheet locked by user

  1. #1
    troy
    Guest

    Sheet locked by user

    We have several users that are trying to open excel from the start menu and
    it is telling them the sheet is locked by another user. They can open in
    read only, notify or cancel. These aren't shared documents on the network,
    they are opening excel and loading the default template. We're experiencing
    this all over our company.

    We also have people opening documents from their personal network share with
    the same message. The server shows no one else connected to the share but
    them MOM show's no one else opening the files. It's as if Excel isn't
    releasing the lock it places on the file when it is open.

  2. #2
    troy
    Guest

    RE: Sheet locked by user

    A complete shutdown then restart fixes the problem.