Novice needs help.

  1. #1
    aphwood
    Guest

    Novice needs help.

    I am trying to find a function that allows me to do something like "if A1=9
    and A2=8 then display the value(text) in A3." I have tried the IF function,
    but have thus far only been able to base the "if" on one cell rather than
    two. More Background: I have a series of drop-down menus that I am
    populating based on the "cell link" value of another drop-down. The
    data(text) that I need to display is not exclusive of just one of the options
    in each drop-down, so the selections made for each drop down do not
    necessarily narrow the options of information to be displayed. Even More
    Background: I am creating a template form to be used by teachers from
    different grade levels. They will select their grade in one drop down, which
    will then set the field for a second drop down of subject areas and then I
    need a third drop-down to be populated based on both the grade and subject
    drop-down selections.
    Let me know if this is the world's longest posting! (Or if you can help!)
    Thanks, Andrew

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest