Filter result

  1. #1
    Springsten
    Guest

    Filter result

    Autofilter is working fine. However I don't get the figure for the
    number of hits. I only have the text Filtermode instead of a figure.

    When I create a new spreadsheet it works. I have been looking for all
    (?) possible settings on the Tools-menu.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Filter result

    When your list has many formulas, or if a cell in the list is changed
    after a filter has been applied, the Status Bar may show "Filter Mode"
    instead of a count of the visible records. You can use the Subtotal
    function to count the visible rows.

    The following MSKB article has information:

    The AutoFilter status bar displays the "Filter Mode" message in Excel
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=213886

    And there are a couple of workarounds here:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List