data table problem

  1. #1

    data table problem

    I have created a data table that looks like something below and the column input cell links to a cell with 8.25%

    1,183.57 91,042.82
    7.50%
    1,183.57 91,042.82
    8.25%
    1,183.57 91,042.82
    8.00%
    1,183.57 91,042.82

    As you can see the table is the same and this is wrong. I have done this over and over again with the same result. Can someone tell me what I did wrong. The colums below the bold heading should be different to the headings and I dont know what I did wrong thanks for your help
    Trixma.

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: data table problem

    For a start, let's try excluding calc mode as a factor

    Try pressing F9, does the table now compute properly ?

    Calc mode may have been set to either "Manual" or "Automatic except tables"
    (Not unusual for data tables, as these could become very calc-intensive)

    To check/change calc mode options :
    Click Tools > Options > Calculation tab
    Select as desired and OK out

    If the above isn't it, I could take a look at your set-up if you like.
    You could email a copy of your file to:
    demechanik <at> yahoo <dot> com

    Either way, please post a response here to let me know the outcome ..
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: data table problem

    Hi!

    Looks like your formulas may be using absolute referencing when they should
    be using relative referencing.

    You need to provide more detail.

    Biff

  4. #4
    Max
    Guest

    Re: data table problem

    > Looks like your formulas may be using absolute referencing
    > when they should be using relative referencing.

    My reading was that the OP's using the Data > Table functionality, in which
    case I think it doesn't matter whether the column input cell (within the
    Table dialog), say: E1, is entered as absolute or relative. When we OK out
    of the dialog, it'll always appear as relative, e.g.: {=TABLE(,E1)}
    --
    Rgds
    Max

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: data table problem

    It wasn't the calc mode, but the placement of the data table
    which was the problem. The data table needs to be set-up
    on the same sheet as the input cells, etc.
    Response given to OP:

    Think the data table needs to be set-up on the same
    sheet as the input cells, etc. Pl see attached, where
    with all the parts placed together in the "Formulas"
    sheet cols Q to Z, it's working fine. Note that there
    was also a correction made to the col input cell
    (think you pointed it wrongly to Input!B30, when it
    should be Input!B29).

    --
    Rgds
    Max

  6. #6
    I have another problem that max could not fix.

    I have a datatable like below
    The 12000 and 13000 are NPV and are linked to the RRR figure on the sheet, but i have the datatable linking to inflation causing the same as the total to be displayed ie. for 1% 12000 and 13000 are displayed.

    Both inflation and RRR are on the same sheet. If i have the NPV and datatable pointing to either inflation or RRR they both work. I cant do this as i have inflation of 0% and RRR of 10%

    Does anyone know how to fix this?