right click on objects not working

  1. #1
    Anthony
    Guest

    right click on objects not working

    Hi,
    I am trying to asaign a macro to an inserted picture or even an object buit
    the right click doesn't work.
    I have done the following when I couldn't right click anywhere but I still
    can't get it to work on the pics/objects..here is what I did before

    Opened the VB Immediate window and typed
    application.commandbars("Cell").enabled = true

    any help apreciated.

  2. #2

    Re: right click on objects not working

    Is the worksheet protected?
    Is the workbook shared?

  3. #3
    Anthony
    Guest

    Re: right click on objects not working

    Dave,
    If you meen under Tools-Protection, I have not protected the
    workbook/worksheet, so that isn't the problem - as far as I can see.
    Cheers
    Anthony

  4. #4

    Re: right click on objects not working

    How about tools|share workbook?
    (or do you see [Shared] in the title bar?)

    One more guess...

    Do you have multiple worksheets selected--do you see [Group] in the title bar?

  5. #5
    Anthony
    Guest

    Re: right click on objects not working

    Dave,
    On Tools / share workbook I have the 'Allow changes by more than one user at
    a time' box unchecked, and the title bar shows 'Exclusive' - that is if I'm
    looking at the correct place - being a novice and all.

  6. #6

    Re: right click on objects not working

    It sounds like the workbook isn't shared--so that's not it.

    Did you look at the [group] question?

    (I'm out of guesses...)

  7. #7
    Anthony
    Guest

    Re: right click on objects not working

    well many thanks for trying,
    cheers
    Anthony

  8. #8
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: right click on objects not working

    Any chance you have an add-in loaded that modifies the right-click action?
    Essbase, for instance, can cause this type of behavior, but has settings to
    allow you to turn it off.

  9. #9
    Anthony
    Guest

    RE: right click on objects not working

    Duke,
    oh...err....sorry bit of a novice, how wud I check if any addins loaded?
    thanks