Defining Column Widths

  1. #1
    Alvin
    Guest

    Defining Column Widths

    Hi i need to define the column widths and heights of the excel worksheets in
    cm but it appears that the default measurement is not in cm so how can i go
    abt changing the default to be in Centimeters?

    Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated
    Thank you

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Defining Column Widths

    Alvin

    Assuming 96 pixels per inch you could approximate but at different resolutions
    your approximation can be off.

    If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm...........

    Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

    http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Don S
    Guest

    Re: Defining Column Widths

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi i need to define the column widths and heights of the excel worksheets in
    >cm but it appears that the default measurement is not in cm so how can i go
    >abt changing the default to be in Centimeters?
    >
    >Your prompt response will be greatly appreciated
    >Thank you

    I can't take credit for this (I don't write VBA), but these links may
    help:

    http://www.mrexcel.com/archive2/43500/50477.htm

    Don S