how to automate invoice using excel database

  1. #1
    Kathy Powercraft
    Guest

    how to automate invoice using excel database

    I have our stock listed in excel and want to be able to type a quantity and
    stock number into an invoice form and have it complete the details price and
    description from the excel database. Can this even be done in excel. Have
    seen many references to doing similar in access but not sure if I can in
    Excel. i an using excel 2003. Any help greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    reno
    Guest

    RE: how to automate invoice using excel database

    hi. very easy to use a vlookup function. i regualrly use this to fill in
    customer data at top of form and then fill the invoice with qty, desc, price
    and extension. check out the VLOOKUP function...to me it is one of the most
    useful functions in excel.