Calculator

  1. #1
    Terry
    Guest

    Calculator

    XP Pro
    Office 2003

    I use the MS calculator that comes with XL etc, & I use it for general use
    when not in XL, but is there a way I may have a shortcut placed somewhwere
    so I do not have to open XL each time please.

    TIA

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Terry

    MS Office does not have a calculator AFAIK.

    How do you activate it while in Excel?

    Try the one under Start>Programs>Acessories>Calclator.

    You can create a shortcut to that calculator.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Terry
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Gord
    I access the calculator in Excel via:Tools/Customise...then found under
    COMMANDS, which I place on the MENUE bar in excel.

    The route you suggested is the same calculator I suspect anyway, but as I
    say I was wandering if I was able to place it on my TASKBAR so it was a
    "click" away.?

    Terry

  4. #4
    Dana DeLouis
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    The program is called "calc.exe", and is found in the following folder in
    Windows Xp.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32

    Right click, and drag the program to where you would like it. When you
    release the right button, select "Create Shortcut."
    HTH :>)
    --
    Dana DeLouis
    Win XP & Office 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Terry
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Dana...Thank you

    Terry

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Terry

    I see Dana has given you what you want, which is a shortcut to the Windows
    Calc.exe but I have a question.....

    In Excel...........Tools>Customize>Commands and then what?

    I don't see a calculator icon except for the Calculate Now icon under
    Commands>Tools.

    Gord

  7. #7
    Dana DeLouis
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Hi Gord! In Excel XP, there is a slight "bug", errrr...I mean feature...
    It's under Customize | Command Tab | Tools |
    and the name is "Custom", not calculator. It's the one under the Camera
    button. (two below "Calculate now") It looks like a calculator though.
    HTH. :>)
    --
    Dana DeLouis
    Win XP & Office 2003

  8. #8
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Hi Gord:

    Tools > Customize > Commands > Tools ( in the catagories)> then select
    Calculate ( in the Commands field) (its near the camera) and drag it to a
    toolbar.

    This icon will bring up the calculator directly from Excel
    --
    Gary''s Student

  9. #9
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Thanks Dana.

    I see the calculator icon now you have pointed out this little fact.

    Has not been changed in 2003. Remains as "Custom".

    Gord

  10. #10
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Thanks

    See Dana's posting about where/how to find it.

    I was looking for a "Calculator" item.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  11. #11
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Also, some keyboards have a Calculator button, that opens the calc.exe
    program. On my Microsoft keyboard, it's above the number keypad.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  12. #12
    Terry
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Gord
    If you scroll a little further you will see another calculator symbol with
    the word "custom" against it...thats the one to drag to menu bar etc.

    HTH
    Terry

  13. #13
    David
    Guest

    Re: Calculator

    Gord Dibben wrote

    > Has not been changed in 2003. Remains as "Custom".

    Which of course can be changed to "Calculator" once on the toolbar.

    --
    David