Leading Zeroes

  1. #1
    Ken
    Guest

    Leading Zeroes

    Hi, I hope you are having a great day.

    I have an 6 character field containing mmddyy values (for example, 100587,
    60276). Problem is when month is 1 - 9, I need the contents to be zero filled
    so as the 60276 looks like 060276.

    Can someone explain what I need to get that accomplished? Thanks in advance.

    KenP

  2. #2
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Leading Zeroes

    You need a custom format. Use 000000 as your format type.

    Or just format the cells as text. An easy way to force text is to place an
    apostrophe in front of number like so...

    '060276

    This changes the format of the cell to text automaticall (the ' doesn't show).