How do you turn off a print area for a page? (no print area)

  1. #1
    Grunen
    Guest

    How do you turn off a print area for a page? (no print area)

    I have several workbook pages of a lengthy excel file that are for
    informational purposes only. How do I turn off the print area so that these
    pages are not printed?

  2. #2

    Re: How do you turn off a print area for a page? (no print area)

    You can set the print range to a single cell (maybe empty). But that won't stop
    the page from being printed.

    It'll just make the user change/reset the print range.

  3. #3
    Grunen
    Guest

    Re: How do you turn off a print area for a page? (no print area)

    I have currently setup the workbook the way you mentioned. The informational
    worksheets are placed at the end of the workbook to prevent page numbering
    problems. I was hoping there was some other way to address the issue in
    order for me to organize the worksheets the way I use them. Thanks for your
    help.

    If your aware of any way to elimiate the print area (no reducing to just one
    cell), I would appreciate it. I'm pretty sure there is not an easy method to
    accomplish it.

    Thanks for your help.

  4. #4

    Re: How do you turn off a print area for a page? (no print area)

    If you remove the page area (by resetting it), then you'll just be letting excel
    determine what should be printed.

    Maybe....

    If you don't want the worksheet printed, maybe you don't want it visible
    either. If that's true, you could hide the worksheet (Format|sheet|hide)

  5. #5
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: How do you turn off a print area for a page? (no print area)

    Give us some more data - Why are they being printed at all if you don't want
    them to be printed. they will only print because you have selected the
    sheet(s) and told Excel to print them. If you have 10 worksheets and only
    want sheets 1 to 7 to print, then only select 1 to 7. If you select all 10
    then it will print all 10.

    Unless I'm missing something here............

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...