Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns

  1. #1
    Piper
    Guest

    Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns

    I am trying to produce an Excel spread sheet with at least 370 columns in one
    spread sheet but the limit seems to be set at 256. Is it possible to
    increase this number?

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns

    Grit your teeth and wait for the next version of XL (12), and you'll have
    all you need!<g>

    Check out the new specs here:

    http://blogs.msdn.com/excel/default.aspx

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns

    All you need? I'd be willing to place a friendly wager that the request
    for more columns will be posted to these groups before a week after
    public release...<g>

  4. #4
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns

    I must agree with you John, BUT ... there's a big difference between NEED
    and WANT!<vbg>

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Can I add more columns to a spread sheet or is limit 256 columns

    Right, I'll put the following in my Drafts file, but NOT hold my breath.

    Don't use the last row for hidden calculations, it prevents you
    from inserting rows.