Is it possible to make comments font larger by default?

  1. #1

    Is it possible to make comments font larger by default?

    rather than manipulating every comment I put in?

  2. #2
    Loris
    Guest

    RE: Is it possible to make comments font larger by default?

    You can make the font size different by default as well as the font color and
    background color but you can't change the font typeface itself. It will
    continue to use Tahoma. The change has to be made in the Windows Display
    Properties dialog box. Right click the Desktop, select Properties, select
    the Appearance tab, click on the Advanced button, then in the Item drop-down
    list select ToolTip andmake your changes. You will, of course, be affecting
    the appearance of tool tips in other programs as well, but at least you won't
    be squinting anymore. Have fun.

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible to make comments font larger by default?

    Comment fonts are not in excel, it's in windows>start>control panel and
    display>appearance (or right clisk desktop and select properties) then
    under item scroll to tooltip and change font size there

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  4. #4
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible to make comments font larger by default?

    FWIW, another option is to create a new comment with a utility macro. An
    example that changes the font name and size:

    Sub NewComment()
    On Error Resume Next
    With ActiveCell.AddComment.Shape
    .TextFrame.Characters.Font.Name = "Terminal"
    .TextFrame.Characters.Font.Size = 9
    .ScaleWidth 1.5, msoFalse
    .ScaleHeight 1.5, msoFalse
    .Visible = msoTrue