Formula to transfer text from merged cells to single cell?

  1. #1
    rosey1
    Guest

    Formula to transfer text from merged cells to single cell?

    How can I create a formula to automatically transfer text from merged cells
    on one worksheet to a single cell on another worksheet? This would operate
    like a summary sheet with the data transferred automatically. I tried the =
    and clicking on the merged cells but I keep getting a zero.

  2. #2
    Marvin P. Winterbottom
    Guest

    RE: Formula to transfer text from merged cells to single cell?

    =concatenate(cell1, cell2, etc...)

  3. #3
    PCLIVE
    Guest

    Re: Formula to transfer text from merged cells to single cell?

    When you just click on the merged cell that contains text, does that text
    show up in the formula line? It sounds like the cells may not actually be
    merged. It appears that the text may just be wider than the cells width and
    being displayed into the cell next to it. Check this out. The only way I
    can get a "0" to appear when using the =Sheet1!A1 formula, is when A1 is
    actually empty. If A1 and B1 are merged with text in it, and I use that
    same formula, the text appears as expected.

    HTH,
    Paul

    news:[email protected]...