Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

time conversion GMT to Pacific

  1. #1
    PivotMan
    Guest

    time conversion GMT to Pacific

    Hello, I am looking for a way to convert time in excel. I have a colume of
    data represeting time in GMT and I want to covnert it to Pacific time...not
    an incredibly complex calculation, but I in trying to substract 8 hours from
    GMT, I am getting errors.

    Any thoughts? Thanks

  2. #2
    George Nicholson
    Guest

    Re: time conversion GMT to Pacific

    Date/time values in excel are based on 1 = 1 day, so 1 hour = 1/24. 8 hours
    = 8/24 (or 0.3333...)

    HTH,
    --
    George Nicholson

    Remove 'Junk' from return address.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    PivotMan
    Guest

    Re: time conversion GMT to Pacific

    Thanks, but that still is not working.

    Let me be clear

    in column A I have a time 12:00:00 AM expressed in GMT

    I want a forumulae or function to convert this to read 16:00:00 pm PST

    Thanks

  4. #4
    George Nicholson
    Guest

    Re: time conversion GMT to Pacific

    Formula: = MOD(A1 - (8/24),1)
    or
    = A1+1-(8/24)

    You can format a time to read "4:00 PM PST" (Custom format: hh:mm AM/PM
    "PST")
    or "16:00 PST" (Custom format: [h]:mm "PST")
    but not (AFAIK) "16:00 PM PST" (Excel considers the PM to be redundant when
    you're using military time and will reject it as a format.)

    HTH,
    --
    George Nicholson

    Remove 'Junk' from return address.

    "PivotMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks, but that still is not working.
    >
    > Let me be clear
    >
    > in column A I have a time 12:00:00 AM expressed in GMT
    >
    > I want a forumulae or function to convert this to read 16:00:00 pm PST
    >
    > Thanks
    >

    > "George Nicholson" wrote:
    >
    >> Date/time values in excel are based on 1 = 1 day, so 1 hour = 1/24. 8
    >> hours
    >> = 8/24 (or 0.3333...)
    >>
    >> HTH,
    >> --
    >> George Nicholson
    >>
    >> Remove 'Junk' from return address.
    >>

    >> "PivotMan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > Hello, I am looking for a way to convert time in excel. I have a
    >> > colume
    >> > of
    >> > data represeting time in GMT and I want to covnert it to Pacific
    >> > time...not
    >> > an incredibly complex calculation, but I in trying to substract 8 hours
    >> > from
    >> > GMT, I am getting errors.
    >> >
    >> > Any thoughts? Thanks

Closed Thread