multiple combo boxes

  1. #1
    LilyDog7
    Guest

    multiple combo boxes

    hello! i have 2 combo boxes, box A and box B. Box A has a drop down box with
    10 choices. what i am trying to figure out is that when a choice in box A
    is selected, depending on what is selected that fills up the drop down list
    in box B. each choice in box A has a different corresponding range to
    prefill Box B. any help is appreciated! thanks

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: multiple combo boxes

    i have done this,using a vlookup table with match for the column.Its hard to
    descibe here .Your lookup table will have 11 columns with the name for each
    column which will match each name in your dropdown box A.The first column
    will be a column of numbers as labels for each row,which match the position
    in each column you want dispayed in box B(i have assumed there are also 10
    choices for box B)
    so say your lookup table is A11:K23,your drop down cell link for box a is
    B8,and you have another cell (say g8) to return the value you return from box
    A,and your range for drop down b is D1:d10
    in d1 type vlookup(1,A$11:K$23,match(G8,A$11,K$11,0),false),d2 is
    vlookup(2,A$11:K$23,match(G8,A$11,K$11,0),false) and so on down to fill your
    range for box b
    when you make a choice in box a g8 also changes actually displaying the
    choice you have made in box a,so your v lookup 1,2,3,4 etc displays your
    whole column returned by the match looking across the top row for the value
    returned in g8 which is the label for the column you want displayed,so all
    rows of your chosen colunn are dispayed in d1:d10
    Sheesh i can hardly understand my own explanation....,post your email
    address and i will send you a sample sheet....

    paul
    remove nospam for email addy!

  3. #3
    LilyDog7
    Guest

    RE: multiple combo boxes

    hey paul, [email protected]

    thanks!

  4. #4
    LilyDog7
    Guest

    RE: multiple combo boxes

    Paul, thank you so much, it is def is doing what i want it to do. I really
    appreciate all your help. Thank you!

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    San Francisco Bay Area
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365 Aps for enterprise.
    Hi Lily & Paul,
    If it is possible I would love to see that sheet, to learn the population of list box.
    Thank you
    syed

    Quote Originally Posted by LilyDog7