Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

  1. #1
    serdar
    Guest

    Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

    Should i have to use buttons? If so can i make them invisible and put
    "behind" a cell (i guess not?

  2. #2
    serdar
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

    ...seems this is not possible and only choice is a selection change event.

    "serdar" <[email protected]>, haber iletisinde şunları
    yazdı:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

    You could check for a double click or right click--but not just for a click.

    On way around it is to put a rectangle from the Drawing toolbar over the cell.
    Make its borders invisible and assign a macro to that rectangle.

  4. #4
    damorrison
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

    Hold on there!!
    try this

    Hold down the Shift Button and go to EDIT-COPY PICTURE and select "as
    shown on screen"
    Now hold down your shift again and go to EDIT - PASTE PICTURE
    now you have a picture of the cell and right click and assign a macro
    to it,
    Dave

  5. #5
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

    Serdar,

    The Selection_Change will fire a macro, unless the cell was already
    selected. Since this cell is to fire a macro when clicked, presumably you
    won't be trying to change the contents of the cell in normal use. If so,
    the Selection_Change event could call your macro, and also change the
    selection to some other cell. That way, it would always fire when clicked.

    If that ain't all right, I think Dave's is the way to go.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud
    www.smokeylake.com

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    damorrison
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

    You are right, I didn't mention that.
    You won't be able to input a value in that cell, you can only use that
    cell to create an event.
    If you want a simple button for a macro and not have it show up on the
    sheet you can take a picture of a column heading and assign the macro
    or add a button to a toolbar!
    it all depends on what you want to make happen

  7. #7

    Re: Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

    You could select that cell
    Edit|Copy
    shift-Edit|Paste picture Link

    Then use the arrow keys to select that cell to change the value in the cell.
    Then the picture will change whenever the value in that cell changes.

    But when I do this, the underlying value in the cell "bleeds" into the
    picture--makes it look kind of ugly.

  8. #8
    damorrison
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

    How come Dave Peterson's morning reply shows up last all day?

  9. #9

    Re: Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

    My first response was a reply to the original post. And it was the last post
    that replied to that original post--well, until yours.

    1. Serdar
    2. serdar
    3. damorrison
    4. Earl K
    5.damorrison
    6. peterson
    7. peterson
    8. damorrison
    9. peterson (when it shows up)

    Posts 2, 7, 8 were all responses to the initial post.

  10. #10
    serdar
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible to click in a cell and trigger a macro?

    i made it just the way u defined. i was asking to learn what are my other
    options. thank u.

    -the picture fake discribed below seems ugly and unreliable to me.thanks
    all.

    "Earl Kiosterud" <[email protected]>, haber iletisinde şunları
    yazdı:%[email protected]...