Pasting into comments field?

  1. #1

    Pasting into comments field?

    When I copy something and then go to paste it into the comment field (Edit Comment) , paste is grayed out. Why is that? Is there an option I can set to make it active? I didn't see anything obvious in Tools>Options.

  2. #2

    Re: Pasting into comments field?

    Depends on what you copied.

    Try copying the text from the formulabar, then you'll see the paste option
    inside the comment.

  3. #3
    Great! Thanks, Dave.

    I did notice right after I posted that than I can copy from comment to comment. I was trying to paste cells from Excel, and it works using your advice.

    Now to push my luck, would there be any way to copy a two cell selection at once? No big deal if not, I can just do it twice, but it is a "nice to have" thing.

  4. #4

    Re: Pasting into comments field?

    I'd hit an intermediate application first--maybe notepad so I could even edit
    the string.

    But I'd still be doing the copy twice.