Mirroring cells

  1. #1

    Mirroring cells

    I'm trying to duplicate cells exactly from one sheet to the next. I'm using IF commands to get the data entered in a cell in one sheet to show up in the next, but is there anyway to also mirror the format, i.e. bolded text, highlights, etc.?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Mirroring cells

    Use Copy / Paste. It will copy both the cell's contents and its format.
    --
    Gary''s Student

  3. #3
    Thanks, but I'm actually trying to create a template that will allow me to enter data in a master sheet, which will be mirrored in all subsequent sheets. Since I want the data to be duplicated over ten sheets, I don't want to copy and paste it individually. So far, I'm only able to copy the data, but the cell format is set by each individual cell. Is there a way to set the cells to "follow" the format of a cell in the master sheet, regardless of what kind of changes I make?

  4. #4
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    The short answer is No, not possible via cell formulation. It may be possible using VBA code, but would be lengthy and complex.

    Sorry.
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  5. #5
    I was afraid of that.

    Thanks anyway!

  6. #6
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Mirroring cells

    One way is to right click the tab name at the bottom of the screen, and
    in the window that pops up choose >Move or Copy. In the next window
    check the Create a Copy box and press OK. This makes an exact
    duplicate of the sheet with all formats, headers, footers, etc. From
    there you can delete all the information that came with the original
    sheet, and apply your formulas.