Excel 2003 Word Wrap Problem within cell

  1. #1
    Dan S.
    Guest

    Excel 2003 Word Wrap Problem within cell

    When I have a cell with a lot of text in it, for instance a 10 line
    paragraph, even with word wrapping turned on,Excel seems to cut off the
    sentence and doesn't show all the text that should be displayed in the
    cell. Anyone see this before? If I click on the cell I can see all
    the text in the formula area at the top of Excel, but it's just not
    being displayed correctly in the cell.

    I have tried copying the text into a new cell, a new workbook, etc.
    I have the text aligned to the top and to the left. I've also tried
    changing it to all other settings and the same result.
    I have formatted the cell to General, text, and other types with no
    affect.
    I've tried widening the cell and merging.
    I've copied the text into notepad and back into a new cell/workbook.

    If I use Alt-Enter to force some of the sentences to a new line within
    the cell it helps, but some of the text still gets cut off.

    FYI, I consider myself an advanced user of Excel, so I'm pretty sure
    I've covered the basic formatting issues that could exist with no luck.

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2003 Word Wrap Problem within cell

    Excel can only display about 1000 characters in a cell. If using Alt-Enter
    doesn't help you might try putting your text in a Text Box (from the Drawing
    toolbar).

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...