Excel 2003 - problem saving to a mapped network drive

  1. #1
    Chris
    Guest

    Excel 2003 - problem saving to a mapped network drive

    I have mapped a netwok drive to a PC acting as a file server. When I try to
    save an excel 2003 file to the network drive (or sub folder thereof) I get
    the "can't use \ / in the file name etc " error message.

    When I try to save the same file to the same network drive but with the
    default file name of "book1" the file saves correctly.

    This problem is not exhibiting itself on other 2003 applications (word & PP
    work perfectly).

    This looks like an application error to me - is there a fix?

  2. #2

    Re: Excel 2003 - problem saving to a mapped network drive

    It sounds like the subfolder that you're trying to save into doesn't exist (or a
    typo???).