is it possible to link a cell in excel to a mail in outlook?

  1. #1
    bembel
    Guest

    is it possible to link a cell in excel to a mail in outlook?

    trying to create a hyperlink in an excel worksheet that will bring up an
    email in outlook, any ideas?

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: is it possible to link a cell in excel to a mail in outlook?

    Insert-->Hyperlink. On the left, choose Email address.
    If that doesn't open Outlook, they hyperlink isn't the problem. Try going to
    Internet Explorer and hit Tools-->Internet options, Programs tab, and make
    sure Outlook is the email program.
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    bembel
    Guest

    Re: is it possible to link a cell in excel to a mail in outlook?

    thanks for the reply, but I am tring to link a cell in excel to a sent or
    recieved mail MESSAGE, to keep track of correxpondence, any ideas

  4. #4
    BizMark
    Guest

    Re: is it possible to link a cell in excel to a mail in outlook?

    I do this a lot, but I don't use a 'direct' link.
    What I do is save the e-Mail messages we need to keep from Outlook, as
    an "Outlook Message File (*.msg)". With the message you want to save
    visible in Outlook, go to 'File', 'Save As', change the Save As Type to
    the above, find the folder you want and specify a filename - just like
    saving a Word doc or Excel workbook in fact.

    Then back in Excel, you can simply set normal hyperlinks ("Existing
    File or Web Page") to the .msg file(s).

    When the link is clicked, Windows will ask you if you are sure you want
    to open the file. Click 'Yes', and the full Outlook message window will
    appear, containing the headers, date/time stamp, recipient lists, and of
    course the message and all attachments.

    BizMark

    --
    BizMark

  5. #5
    bembel
    Guest

    Re: is it possible to link a cell in excel to a mail in outlook?

    thanks, GREAT advice!!!

    William