Data labels on scatter chart

  1. #1
    rmellison
    Guest

    Data labels on scatter chart

    In a scatter shart, if I seleect 'Show labels' from chart options, it shows
    the x-axis label next to the data point. Is there a way of using a third
    column of data as the data label???

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Data labels on scatter chart

    Hi,

    Try one of these 2 free addin to connect data labels to cell content.

    Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com
    John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com/ss

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
    http://www.andypope.info

  3. #3
    Modeste
    Guest

    Re: Data labels on scatter chart

    Hello rmellison :
    > In a scatter shart, if I seleect 'Show labels' from chart options, it
    > shows the x-axis label next to the data point. Is there a way of
    > using a third column of data as the data label???

    Have also a look at :
    How to use a macro to add labels to data points in an xy scatter chart or in
    a bubble chart in Excel
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...kb;en-us;79972

    Cheers
    GeeDee
    --
    n'oubliez pas les FAQ :
    http://www.excelabo.net http://dj.joss.free.fr/faq.htm

  4. #4
    rmellison
    Guest

    Re: Data labels on scatter chart

    Went with the Add-In as I'm not too hot on VBA!!

    Thanks to both for your help.