Print few rows with many colums so that rows wrap on printed pages

  1. #1
    usfgradstudent31
    Guest

    Print few rows with many colums so that rows wrap on printed pages

    I have several data sheets with only 6-10 rows but many, many columns. When
    they print, I get the first 10 columns of data across the top of the page,
    but the next columns get put onto a new page and so on, leaving most of each
    page empty and giving me about 15 mostly blank pages to shuffle through.

    How can I get the data to 'wrap' so that instead of kicking onto a new page
    for each new set of columns it simply 'carriage returns' to the next line
    down on the current page and I can get all my data on just a couple much
    easier to read pages?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Print few rows with many colums so that rows wrap on printed pages

    Say you have 50 columns that need printing, but you can only print about 10
    columns at a time and still read the sheet of paper.

    You could insert 4 additional rows under each row and move columns 11-20, 21-30,
    31-40, 41-50 into those 4 additional rows.

    Then print that "shuffled" view.

    =======

    But that never works well for me. If column 1 is 4 characters wide and column
    11 is 33, then I'd have to widen column 1 to 33 wide.

    Maybe you could insert a new sheet.
    then back to the original
    select your range to print
    edit|copy
    back to A1 of the new sheet
    edit|paste special|check transpose.

    Now do a little house keeping -- just clean it up to make it look pretty. Then
    print it (print preview first???).

    You could hide those rows that don't have data in any of the data fields.

    =========
    But what I'd really do is hide the columns I don't want/need to see. Then just
    print the columns I need. The columns I print may vary depending on what stage
    I'm at in the process.

    =========

    Or maybe find a giant printer and use a very small font???