Excel: How do I protect cells containing formulas?

  1. #1
    Milo
    Guest

    Excel: How do I protect cells containing formulas?

    A very simple worksheet with A2 as my usable or "entry cell". Cells B2, C2
    AND D2 are the cells which compute information from the number entered in
    cell A2. How do I protect cells B2 - D2 and leave cell A2 open for
    information entry?

    Thanks in advance for any assistance

  2. #2
    Nick Hodge
    Guest

    Re: Excel: How do I protect cells containing formulas?

    Milo

    Protection in Excel is a two-stage process. All cells are lock by default,
    so select the cells you want un-locked and go to Format>Cells...>Protection
    tab and un-check locked. Now go to Tools>Protection>Protect Sheet... and
    all cells will be locked barring those you un-locked

    Nick Hodge
    Microsoft MVP - Excel
    Southampton, England
    www.nickhodge.co.uk