How to get more than 65000 rows in and excel spreadsheet

  1. #1
    Jake Clark
    Guest

    How to get more than 65000 rows in and excel spreadsheet

    I am importing data into an excell spreadsheet that has 100,000 + records,
    how do I expand on the 65,356 record limit that I see in Excell?

  2. #2
    Bob Umlas
    Guest

    Re: How to get more than 65000 rows in and excel spreadsheet

    Wait for Excel 12! Over 1,000,000 rows, Seriously, there's no way to expand
    this. It's fixed in stone and is always 65536. However, you can read records
    in thru VBA code and break it onto new worksheets when you reach the limit,
    but NOT by doing File/Open.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jonathan Cooper
    Guest

    RE: How to get more than 65000 rows in and excel spreadsheet

    You can't.

    However, if your using the "import external data" option. you might be able
    to setup a pivot table that imports external data. This way you wont have to
    actually import the data into excel, but can use the pivot table to summarize
    the data you want.

  4. #4
    Tomasz Klim
    Guest

    Re: How to get more than 65000 rows in and excel spreadsheet

    I had the same problem. The easiest solution is to move "historical" entries
    to another speadsheet - so you will have >=2 spreadsheets:

    1. Current
    2. History 1
    3. History 2
    etc.

    IMHO it's much easier than pivot table - especially if you have existing
    macros in VBA.

    news:[email protected]...