Removing hyperlinks in bulk

  1. #1
    Terry Pinnell
    Guest

    Removing hyperlinks in bulk

    A worksheet I prepared contains a lot of hyperlinks. (I pasted some
    cells in from a web site.) I can see how to remove each one
    individually with R-click > Hyperlink > Remove Hyperlink. But so far
    haven't found a way to do it for an entire column, or the whole sheet.

    Working with the sheet is awkward, as I often inadvertently open a
    link in my browser when all I want to do is copy the text in that
    cell.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

  2. #2
    copy the range you just pasted, and paste it again to another location (like another sheet) using "paste special, values".

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Removing hyperlinks in bulk

    Select any blank cell and "Copy" it. Then select all of your hyperlinks that
    you want to replace (or columns, or worksheet). Then select "Paste Special".
    Under the "Operations" section, select "Add". That should do it.

  4. #4
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Removing hyperlinks in bulk

    See

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html

  5. #5
    Terry Pinnell

    "Elkar" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Select any blank cell and "Copy" it. Then select all of your hyperlinks that
    >you want to replace (or columns, or worksheet). Then select "Paste Special".
    > Under the "Operations" section, select "Add". That should do it.

    Thanks. Looked neat, but didn't work!

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

  6. #6
    Terry Pinnell

    i-Zapp <[email protected]> wrote:

    >copy the range you just pasted, and paste it again to another location
    >(like another sheet) using "paste special, values".

    Excellent, thanks. Seems to work a treat.

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK

  7. #7
    Terry Pinnell

    JE McGimpsey <[email protected]> wrote:

    >See
    >
    > http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html

    Thanks. Might try the first macro out of curiosity (and to refresh my
    skills in how to install macros anyway <g>), but that Paste Special >
    Values method from i-Zapp looks simpler!

    --
    Terry, West Sussex, UK