Hyperlinks and Sorting

  1. #1
    Erik
    Guest

    Hyperlinks and Sorting

    This is a repost of a previous question that didn't get an answer--Anybody
    have any ideas?

    Thanks in advance,

    Erik

    I have a column of data in which each entry is a hyperlink. When I sort the
    data, the hyperlink stays in the cell and the text is sorted, so the text in
    the new cells doesn't match the hyperlink

  2. #2
    Gary76
    Guest

    RE: Hyperlinks and Sorting

    How does the Hyperlink get into the cell? Are you using teh HYPERLINK Function?

    Gary

  3. #3
    Erik
    Guest

    RE: Hyperlinks and Sorting

    Yes, I'm manually adding the hyperlink to the cell but am then prevented from
    sorting the data without the hyperlink staying with the correct data.

    E.

  4. #4

    Re: Hyperlinks and Sorting

    I think Gary76's question was really:

    Are you using the worksheet function =hyperlink()?

    But you're not. You're using Insert|Link.

    Have you thought of using another column and =hyperlink()? Then when you sort,
    you won't have a problem--well, make sure you include that other column in the
    sort range, too.

  5. #5
    Erik
    Guest