Many worksheets; Same formatting - Excel 2003

  1. #1
    windsong
    Guest

    Many worksheets; Same formatting - Excel 2003

    I have about 12 worksheets in the same workbook. Each has a different number
    of columns and rows but I want the same formatting for each - i.e. same row
    height, same font size, etc. Is there a quick way to do this so I do not have
    to format each one separately?

    I know about the format painter but it only seems to work if I have the same
    number of rows.

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Many worksheets; Same formatting - Excel 2003

    Do this by "grouping" the tabs: hold the CTRL key down and click on
    each tab to select it, thereby adding it to the group. Any changes
    made on one tab will simultaneously occur on the other grouped tabs as
    well.

    When you're done making changes, right click on any of the grouped tabs
    and select "Ungroup sheets".

  3. #3
    windsong
    Guest

    Re: Many worksheets; Same formatting - Excel 2003

    Good idea - except in this case worksheets are added randomly and I want the
    nenwly added one(s) to be in the same formatting as all the previous ones in
    the other worksheets.