Exporting to text, cells with comma's are placed in quotes. ->Bad

  1. #1
    pallid
    Guest

    Exporting to text, cells with comma's are placed in quotes. ->Bad

    I am exporting Excel worksheets to text files. Currently data like this:
    RGB(0, 0, 255)
    is placed in quotes when I export. I need to prevent the insertion of the
    quotations. How do I do this?

  2. #2
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Exporting to text, cells with comma's are placed in quotes. ->Bad

    Pallid,

    Use a macro to create the output. The quotes were put there to prevent the string being broken into
    three cells, based on the commas.

    Visit

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm

    for an example of how to export to a text file.

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Chafosse
    Guest

    Re: Exporting to text, cells with comma's are placed in quotes. ->

    am having trouble exporting .xls files to .txt file format. The recipient
    cannot import the data into his database because it contains 'tabs' between
    the data fields. I have tried saving the .xls file as 'Unicode text' and
    'space separated text' but the tabs still remain. How can I export the file
    and be sure that no tabs will be exported too?

  4. #4
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Exporting to text, cells with comma's are placed in quotes. ->

    Control the output by being very specific about how you code your macro. If
    you don't put tabs into the output string, none will appear. Does the
    recipient have a file format that he has specified?

    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...