ATT: Debra D; no selections in report manager

  1. #1
    herbzee
    Guest

    ATT: Debra D; no selections in report manager

    Hi Debra, Yes, that's excactly what I'm trying to do. The same as I do
    in MS WORKS.

    Debra Dalgleish wrote:

    > Does your worksheet have 20 columns of data, and you only want to

    print 6 of them? Is that what you're trying to control with the Report
    Manager?

    > herbzee wrote:
    >
    >> Thanx Debra; I did the tools>scenarios (view>custom did nothing for

    me) and after selecting the columns I wanted, I tried "show" and nothing
    happens. What should be my next move? BTW I'm an 85 yr old super senior,
    so a step by step hands-on assist would be extremely helpful.
    >> cheers-Herb.
    >>
    >> Debra Dalgleish wrote:
    >>
    >>> You'll only see items in those dropdowns if you've created some

    Custom Views (View>Custom) or Scenarios (Tools>Scenarios).

    >>> Otherwise, you can select a sheet, and add it to the report that

    you're creating.

    comes up

    want to print.

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: ATT: Debra D; no selections in report manager

    I don't use MS Works, so I'm not sure how its Report Manager works. But
    here's what you could do in Excel:

    You could create two Custom Views -- one with all the columns visible,
    and one with the columns that you don't want to print hidden.

    To create the first custom view:

    Show all the columns
    Choose View > Custom Views
    Click the Add button
    Type a name for the custom view, e.g.: All Columns
    Leave the check marks in the option boxes
    Click OK

    To create the second custom view:

    Hide the columns you don't want to print
    Choose View > Custom Views
    Click the Add button
    Type a name for the custom view, e.g.: Print Columns
    Leave the check marks in the option boxes
    Click OK

    To create the report:
    Choose View > Report Manager
    Click the Add button
    Type a name for the report, e.g. Hidden Columns
    Select the Sheet you want to print
    Select the Custom view (Print Columns)
    Click the Add button, then click OK
    Click Close