How to look for a sequence of numbers in a string?

  1. #1
    brett
    Guest

    How to look for a sequence of numbers in a string?

    I am trying identify numbers that contain a specific sequence of numbers in
    the entire string....ie 61302...I would be interested in identifying that
    this string of numbers contained the sequence #13##. Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How to look for a sequence of numbers in a string?

    Hi Brett

    =ISNUMBER(FIND("13",A1)) will return TRUE if 13 is present, otherwise FALSE.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Mladen_Dj
    Guest

    Re: How to look for a sequence of numbers in a string?

    Use formula:

    =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("13",TEXT(A1,"#####"))),TRUE,"")

    news:[email protected]...