How to show (+) in front of no. ??

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    How to show (+) in front of no. ??

    Hi

    I have a list to calculate simple profit or loss.If there is loss it shows (-) minus sign in front of the number.But is it possible if there is profit it shows (+) sign in front of the number??

    For example

    Purchase Sale P/L
    100 50 -50
    100 150 +50

  2. #2
    Ian
    Guest

    Re: How to show (+) in front of no. ??

    Format cells>number Select the number format you require, click on Custom
    then add + in front of the Type.

    eg +#,##0;-#,##0

    --
    Ian
    --
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How to show (+) in front of no. ??

    Hi

    Format>Cells>Number>Custom and in the white pane enter +#,##0;-#,##0

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  4. #4

    Hi

    Selct the cells you wish to format and go to format cells, Select the Number tab and then click on custom. On the type line type the following.

    +£#.00;[RED]-£#.00

    Obviously change the currency sign to whatever you want or leave it blank.

    this will add a + to positive numbers and a - to negative ones and make them red too.

    best regards

    Mark

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    Thanks to all of you.

    Thanks roger,ian & markin.thanks for your reply.Unfortunately Roger's & Ian's method didn't work for me & Markin's method worked.Btw, Thanks to all of u.

  6. #6
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: How to show (+) in front of no. ??

    Thanks for the feedback. Glad you got it working.
    I'm interested to know why Ian's and my solution (identical) didn't work for
    you. Was it the number of decimal places? You showed integer values in your
    example, so that was the format we posted.

    Martin's solution had 2 places of decimal, as well as colour and currency,
    but all 3 should have worked i.e. given you the leading + sign

    Regards

    Roger Govier