CPU Usage consistently above 75%

  1. #1
    hparteep
    Guest

    CPU Usage consistently above 75%

    When highlighting cells in Excel 2000, the CPU usage is constantly at 75% and
    higher. The OS is Windows 2000, 500 Mb ram.

  2. #2

    Re: CPU Usage consistently above 75%

    Why is this a bad thing?

    Shouldn't windows decide how many resources excel will need and allocate things
    accordingly?

    From a non-technical person, I'd say let windows be windows and let excel be
    excel.

    On the other hand, do you have a co-worker with the same set up as you (and
    about the same number of applications/processes running)?

    If you do, what do they show?

    (This non-technical person doesn't have a response in either case, though.)