formula for if Cell c1 is yellow shaded cell d1 should be yellow

  1. #1
    Hardeep
    Guest

    formula for if Cell c1 is yellow shaded cell d1 should be yellow

    Do we have formulas for Color shading also. like if particular cell is yellow
    than entire row should be yellow or like wise

  2. #2

    Re: formula for if Cell c1 is yellow shaded cell d1 should be yellow

    Maybe.

    You can use the value in a cell to color a cell (or a row of cells).

    Take a look at Format|conditional formatting.

    But there's nothing built into excel that will use the color of a cell (font or
    fill).

    Chip Pearson has some userdefined functions that can return the colorindex (and
    you could use that in your conditional formatting):

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm